There are numerous opportunities throughout the school year to volunteer to help St. Mary of the Angels. We understand that your time is valuable and appreciate every moment of it that you can contribute to our school and our children.
- Angels of Hope Benefit: TBD 2018. The event will be held here in our beautiful school. Contact Patsy, at admissions@sma–school.org, for more information, sponsorship and volunteer opportunities. Hope to see you all there!
- Parent & School Association: Visit our school calendar for upoming events and volunteer your time! We always need help!
- Sports: Looking to recapture your glory days on the field? We could use your help! Volunteer to coach SMA students!
- After-School: Help out in our after-school program, assisting students with homework, volunteering in one of our many clubs, and more!
For more information or to get involved, please contact Patsy Carter at (773) 486-0119!
“We can do not great things, only small things with great love.” – Mother Teresa
What is a St. Mary of the Angels (SMA) Parent and School Association (PSA)?
The mission of St. Mary of the Angels PSA is to build a strong Parent-School community. Therefore PSA takes the primary responsibility of organizing and sponsoring the events and programs that help in creating and strengthening such community. The Association provides an opportunity for parents to connect, make friends, learn more about what is going on at the school, support new families or families in crisis and much more!
It is a proven fact that when there is a high level of parental involvement in a school, the student’s results are better. Building a strong community requires a ‘hub’ and Parent and School Association is well placed to take on this role at St. Mary of the Angels.
Parent and School Association Membership
All parents, by virtue of their children attending St. Mary of the Angels, are members of the PSA.
Annual Dues for 2017-2018 are $50 per family.
You can pay your dues at the main office by September 30th. Cash, credit and check accepted. Make checks payable to St. Mary of the Angels School.Donations will go towards PSA events throughout the year, with a heavy focus on funding the Community Building Events, Teacher Appreciation Week and year-end Picnic Celebration. Any remaining funds will be put towards special school projects/initiatives as discussed and agreed upon during PSA meetings.
As you can see, there are lots of ways to become actively involved in PSA no matter what your talent, interest or time commitment-level is. Contact PSA President Ashley Reed or PSA Secretary Kelly Roche to get involved!
Fundraising Priorities: 2017-2018
- Technology Initiative: Personal iPad for all Upper School Students
- Curriculum Enhancement
- After-School Enrichment Activities
- SMA Halloween Party
- Angels of Hope: Saturday, April 20th
- Turkey Darto
- Breakfast with Santa
- End of the Year Picnic
- Easter Egg Brunch
- Chili Cook-Off
- Daddy-Daughter Dance
- Mother-Son Sock Hop
- Classroom Field Trips