Forms & Policies
- All students who complete the application process are considered for acceptance. However, due to number of applicants, we cannot guarantee enrollment to all who apply. If enrollment requests exceed availability, the following criteria will apply.
- Returning Students will receive priority, PreK-8th grade.
- Siblings of current & returning students will receive priority, PreK-8th grade.
- For Junior K, the oldest students based on birthdate will receive priority.
- For grades K-8th, enrollment will be determined by the St. Mary of the Angels School administration based on the individual circumstances of enrolling students and families.
- Current academic info (student grades, tests scores) along with student shadow days and parent interviews are all taken into consideration when reviewing applicants.
- We strive to maintain a diverse community of students and families with a strong commitment to our school and our mission.
St. Mary of the Angels School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at this school. St. Mary of the Angels School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, loan programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Returning Student Registration:
- Returning students entering PreK- 8th grade are given priority enrollment until February 2017. If a student is not registered by February 2017, enrollment is not guaranteed since priority consideration has expired.
- No interview is required, but the application fee does apply.
- Tuition payment of current year must be up-to-date in order to apply for priority re-registration.
Early Childhood Enrollment: PreK 3, PreK 4 & Junior Kindergarten
•A child must be 3 years of age and fully potty trained before entering the PreK program.
•Applications for Early Childhood Enrollment will be accepted November- February. Applications received after February 2017, will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
•In order to be considered for placement, a completed application, parent questionnaire and application fee must be submitted to the Admissions Office.
•Priority enrollment into our PreK 3 will be given to children who will be 3 years of age by September 1, 2017.
- If space is available, rolling admission will be offered for qualified students. A child can begin attending school on or after his/her 3rd birthday. Families interested in securing in advance, a confirmed spot in one of our classrooms, more than one month after the beginning of the academic year, are required to begin tuition payments at the start of the school year, regardless of the start date of the child.
- Junior Kindergarten: The Junior Kindergarten program is for our oldest PreK 4, Full-Day students. Entrance into the Junior Kindergarten program is determined by birthdays of the applicant pool. You will be notified of placement upon acceptance to St. Mary of the Angels School.
- Priority enrollment into our PreK 4 and Junior Kindergarten will be given to children enrolling in the 5-day program.
- Early Childhood Tuition Policy: For all families enrolling in the Early Childhood Program, a non-refundable deposit of the first month’s school tuition is due within 5 weeks of acceptance. If payment is not received by the specified date, families waive the right to secure their son or daughter’s spot in the Early Childhood Program.
- A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the year that he or she will be entering Kindergarten.
- Applications for Kindergarten enrollment will be accepted November – February. Applications received after February 2017 will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- In order to be considered for placement, a completed application, parent questionnaire and application fee must be submitted to the Admissions Office.
- Upon acceptance, all incoming Kindergarten students must complete the Kindergarten Readiness Test (KRT). Testing can be scheduled with the Admissions office, and must be completed by May 2017.
- Early entrance to Kindergarten: Child must be tested privately by certified educational consultant or psychologist using appropriate educational assessments. This testing and accompanying reports are completed at the expense of family requesting early entrance. Results of testing should indicate that child is functioning at minimum of 2 years in advance of his or her age in all areas. Child will be observed in classroom by a teacher or Principal. A decision will be made by St. Mary of the Angels School administration in consultation with the parents.
- Kindergarten Tuition Policy: For all families enrolling in the Kindergarten program, a non-refundable deposit of the first month’s school tuition is due within 5 weeks of acceptance. If payment is not received by the specified date, families waive the right to secure their son or daughter’s spot in the child’s classroom.
1st-8th Grade Enrollment:
- Applications for 1st-8th grade transfer enrollment will be accepted November – February. Applications received after February 2017 will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- In order to be considered for placement, a completed application, parent questionnaire, application fee, most recent grade report and test scores must be submitted to the Admissions Office.
- Shadow Day: Prior to acceptance to St. Mary of the Angels School, all new students, 1st – 8th grade, must schedule and participate in a school day shadow day and classroom visit. The Admissions Office will contact parents to schedule this visit. Shadow days may not be schedule until all academic records have been received.
- Parent Interview: Prior to acceptance to St. Mary of the Angels School, all new families, 1st – 8th grade, must complete a parent interview with school administration. The Admissions Office will contact parents to schedule this interview.
- Parents will be notified of admission decisions within 4-weeks of receipt of all admission documents and completion of shadow day and parent interview.